- Features two different adhesives – one on each side of the tape for effective bonding
- Liner-side adhesive is designed for adherence to automotive paint systems
- Non-liner-side adhesive delivers excellent adhesion to metal and plastic parts
- Acrylic adhesives are formulated for high adhesive build rates on automotive substrates
- Conformable 1.12 mm acrylic foam core provides excellent stress relaxation under load
- ¼” width is suitable for narrow, exacting applications
- Adhesion promoter recommended for tape-to-part adhesion on plastic parts
3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape 06386 features two adhesives, one on each side of a 1.12mm closed-cell acrylic foam core. Liner-side adhesive is formulated for bonding to automotive paint systems. Non liner-side bonds to metals and plastics used in automotive components. Both adhesives deliver excellent initial tack and adhesive build. A ¼” width is suitable for exacting applications.
Two Adhesives for Bonding to Automotive Parts and Paint Systems
Developed specifically for attaching exterior trim and other parts to automotive substrates, our 3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape 06386 features a 1.12 mm acrylic foam core with two different adhesives — one for each side of the application. Our liner-side adhesive provides very high initial and final adhesion for automotive paint surfaces, including scratch- and mar-resistant paint systems. The non-liner-side adhesive delivers excellent adhesion to plastic and metal surfaces commonly found in automotive trim and other components. The viscoelastic foam core conforms well even to complex geometries. It is engineered for stress relaxation when exposed to high stress loads, and maintains bond-line aesthetics under normal stress loads. The inconspicuous black color of 3M Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape 06386 ensures high satisfaction among consumers. The red, 3M branded liner is silicon-coated on both sides to provide easy one-piece release and efficient tape application. This tape is 1/4" wide, and is recommended for lighter weight applications.